South Africans Launch Fresh Attacks On Nigerians, Kill Two

The Nigerian community in South Africa has said that a mob has destroyed four shops and several houses belonging to their members at Krugersdorp, near Johannesburg.

Cyril James, the Ward Chairman of the Nigerian Union in the area, told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN on Saturday that the attacks began on January 18.

According to James, the mob alleged that a Nigerian abducted a South African girl and raped her.

“The South Africans attacked our homes and shops, destroyed all we have.

“Many Nigerians suffered severe injuries during the attack. We have left our homes for safety because they (South Africans) are regrouping to attack us again,” he said.

He called on the Nigerian mission to urgently intervene before the mob kill more Nigerians.

He said the safety of Nigerians in Krugersdorp was no more guaranteed because there was no help.

Also, the president of union, Adetola Olubajo, told NAN that the situation in the area was bad.

“I can confirm that Nigerians in the area have been attacked. I am amazed and emotionally down as calls from panicked Nigerians flooded my phone from various Provinces.

“The South African government needs to be engaged at the highest level to avoid further loss of lives and property of our citizens,” he said.

Olubajo disclosed that two Nigerians had been killed in South Africa in Rustenburg and Durban since the attacks began.

“Two Nigerians have been killed, many displaced and injured in fresh Xenophobic attacks and extra-judicial killing,” he said.

Two weeks ago, more than five Nigerian owned shops and houses were burnt at Rustenburg, North West Province by Taxi Drivers.

The drivers alleged that Nigerians sold drugs to a gang that attacked their members and that a Nigerian abducted and raped a 16-year old South African girl.

The Nigerian Union, however, denied the allegations.

12 Comments on “South Africans Launch Fresh Attacks On Nigerians, Kill Two”

  1. Los Blancos, with captain Sergio Ramos suspended after deliberately collecting a yellow card in the first leg, had been looking to build on a slender 2-1 lead from that game in Amsterdam and stay on course for a potential fourth straight European triumph.

    However, after Raphael Varane’s header rattled the crossbar, Ajax raced into an early lead through Hakim Ziyech before Dusan Tadic set up David Neres for a second in the 18th minute.
    tinyurl
    Real Madrid were forced into two changes when Lucas Vazquez and Vinicius Junior went off injured, with substitute Gareth Bale hitting the post just before half-time.

    Ajax looked to have put the tie to bed when Tadic swept in a brilliant third goal just after the hour – which was eventually given following an extensive Video Assistant Referee review to check if the ball had gone out of play in the build-up.

  2. I would like to point out my passion for your kind-heartedness for all those that need guidance on in this situation. Your personal dedication to passing the message all around appeared to be definitely useful and have constantly permitted many people just like me to achieve their objectives. Your own interesting help means a whole lot a person like me and even further to my peers. Thank you; from everyone of us.

  3. Ernest Quintana, 78, was at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Fremont when a doctor – appearing on the robot’s screen – informed him that he would die within a few days.

    A family friend wrote on social media that it was “not the way to show value and compassion to a patient“.

    The hospital says it “regrets falling short” of the family’s expectations.

    Mr Quintana died the next day.

  4. These three figures — William Rick Singer, Mark Riddell and Rudolph Meredith, respectively — are at the center of the nationwide scandal in which 33 parents are accused of using their wealth and means to help their children game the college admissions system.
    But those three names do not appear anywhere in the complaint text, though the document gives enough clues to make clear who is who. Instead, they are named as Cooperating Witness 1, 2 and 3, and each agreed to plead guilty and to cooperate with the government in the hope of obtaining leniency when they are sentenced, the complaint says.

  5. Trump was surrounded at Friday’s event by officials from Customs and Border Protection as well as surviving family members of those who have loved ones killed by undocumented immigrants. Attorney General William Barr was also at the President’s veto event.
    While some lawmakers including some Republicans — have argued against the President’s use of national emergency powers in this instance, the Justice Department set forth a robust defense of the President’s authority to do so in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell earlier this month, according to a copy obtained by CNN on Friday.
    “The President acted well within his discretion in declaring a national emergency concerning the southern border,” wrote Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd, setting out the legal basis for the proclamation under the National Emergencies Act and additional statutory authorities, which largely tracks an internal memo issued by the Office of Legal Counsel at the Justice Department.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *